With the name of Allah, Most Kind Most Merciful…
Salaah – Reporting for duty!
Surah AL MUN (Chapter 107)
Think of Salaah as reporting for duty…
5 times a day you are reporting to your Lord,
Glorifying Him, Praising Him…
And as you bow and prostrate it’s kinda like saying
“In your Majesty’s service, Oh Allah”
You accept Allah(SWT) as the One and Only, the Irresistible, Creator of the Universe,
With neither beginning nor end…
Pray your salaah and you ready and revitalized as to your responsibility
in the service of your Magnificent, Majestic, Creator…
Let’s just re-cap the salient points of a serviceman…
1) Reporting for duty is elementary and must therefore never, under no circumstance ne neglected.
2) Don’t dare report to duty seeking attention
3) Once you receive your counseling and your mind and heart settings have been re-aligned head out into the world.
1) Keep your Lord ever in remembrance.
2) As you go about in your daily life, look around, be aware of
- The needs in your society.
- There are many hungry, feed them
- There are many who are lost. So guide them
iii. There are many who are being injured so protect them
- There are many who are sick, so visit and comfort them
- There are many orphans, treat them gently and take care of them
- Your task is as a care taker of this wonderful planet, so spread the words of your Lord, spread the teachings of truth, love and peace and remember to always be just and establish justice…
- It can become challenging at times, and there forces that would like you to fail, so ensure you report for your duty 5 times a day…
Salaah is a miraaj for the Believer, a means of communication with His Lord. If our salaah’s are sincere, and filled with conscious love and fear of Allah(SWT) than truly, these 5 salaahs would become our driving force. A force consistently and constantly compelling our very selfs to transform into Allah loving, kind and beneficial servants of Allah(SWT). A force that would lead us to grab hold of the reins of humanity and directing all towards Allah(SWT), directing to a peaceful, just society.
Just browse the description of the Musalleen(Those who perform their salaah) in the following verses…
إِنَّ الإنْسَانَ خُلِقَ هَلُوعًا
Truly man was created very impatient;-
إِذَا مَسَّهُ الشَّرُّ جَزُوعًا
Fretful when evil touches him;
وَإِذَا مَسَّهُ الْخَيْرُ مَنُوعًا
And stingy when good reaches him;-
Not so those devoted to Prayer;-
الَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَى صَلاتِهِمْ دَائِمُونَ
Those who remain steadfast to their prayer;
وَالَّذِينَ فِي أَمْوَالِهِمْ حَقٌّ مَعْلُومٌ
And those in whose wealth is a recognised right.
For the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking);
وَالَّذِينَ يُصَدِّقُونَ بِيَوْمِ الدِّينِ
And those who hold to the truth of the Day of Judgment;
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ مِنْ عَذَابِ رَبِّهِمْ مُشْفِقُونَ
And those who fear the displeasure of their Lord,-
إِنَّ عَذَابَ رَبِّهِمْ غَيْرُ مَأْمُونٍ
For their Lord’s displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquillity;-
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ
And those who guard their chastity,
إِلا عَلَى أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ
Except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (then) they are not to be blamed,
فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَاءَ ذَلِكَ فَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ
But those who trespass beyond this are transgressors;-
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ لأمَانَاتِهِمْ وَعَهْدِهِمْ رَاعُونَ
And those who respect their trusts and covenants;
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ بِشَهَادَاتِهِمْ قَائِمُونَ
And those who stand firm in their testimonies;
وَالَّذِينَ هُمْ عَلَى صَلاتِهِمْ يُحَافِظُونَ
And those who guard (the sacredness) of their worship;-
أُولَئِكَ فِي جَنَّاتٍ مُكْرَمُونَ
Such will be the honoured ones in the Gardens (of Bliss).
Surah 70 Verses 22-35
May Allah(SWT) by His Grace and Mercy admit us among the Musalleen…
May He who has power over all things perfect the salaah in our lives,
Fill our salaahs with love, concentration and sincerity,
And may our salaahs carry us between them in Allah(SWT)’s pleasure as His servants…
Oh Allah! Let our days begin and end in ruku(bowing) and sujood(prostrating) to you
For indeed you are worthy of all Praise and Glory!